Modern Slavery Act
Modern Slavery Act Statement
Declaration pursuant to section 54(i} of the Modern Slavery Act 2015
It is a common misconception that slavery is confined to the developing nations of the world. Modern slavery is a global issue with UK Government estimates suggesting that tens of thousands are suffering within Britain alone. As a company Daler-Rowney recognises the increasing threat and significant harm caused by Modern Slavery.
There are many forms of Modern Slavery such as;
- Forced Labour
- Debt Bondage
- Human Trafficking
- Decent Based Slavery
- Child Labour
Our Business Daler-Rowney operates three manufacturing units, each specialised in the production of different product categories. colour (paints), paper and board are manufactured in Bracknell, United Kingdom, education products such as papers manufactured in Dudley, United Kingdom and brushes and canvas are produced in La Romana in the Dominican Republic.
With its three-pronged approach to product development, sales and marketing of colour, surfaces and brushes, Daler-Rowney is unique amongst the leaders in the fine art market in that it is able to integrate the manufacturing of its branded products across the three pillars of the fine art category. To meet the needs of artists of all levels of expertise, and to offer solutions adapted to the many different distribution channels offering artist materials, Daler-Rowney has also developed a segmented product offering that anticipates market trends and ensures that customers can easily access quality art materials wherever they are across the world.
Our Policies & Procedures
As a company that sources many raw materials and component parts from around the world, Daler Rowney Ltd recognises that there is a real risk of Modern Slavery within its own supply chain and is working to continuously improve its response to this risk.
Daler Rowney Ltd has implemented a number of measures already.
- Managed by the Heads of Regulatory Affairs, Quality Control & Purchasing, Daler Rowney has implemented a purchasing procedure that aims to block business with suppliers where adequate risk assessments have not been made or where risk assessments and due diligence identifies concerns.
- The use of approved third-party inspectors to carry out audits of possible suppliers in highrisk areas prior to commencing business with them.
- The completion of internal audits on Non-Financial Information as part of the Group Policy. This includes supply chain and supplier screening protocols.
- Due to the large number of raw materials, component parts and respective suppliers that Daler-Rowney manages, the identification of the high-risk areas within its supply chain is taking place and due diligence is been carried out on prioritised suppliers.
- Daler-Rowney has invested in an online portal that generates automated questionnaires, logs and tracks auditing and opens-up transparency in the supply chain. Daler-Rowney is looking to expand the use of this tool in the coming year to improve its due diligence approach to supplier selection.
- Daler Rowney has an established Whistle blowing Policy. This policy encourages people to come forward and report any wrongdoing or unethical behaviour without fear of reproach. As part of this policy Daler Rowney is committed to protect and support any whistleblowers.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
Daler Rowney will continue to develop and enhance its processes to gain a greater understanding of where our risk of slavery and human trafficking is the largest. Daler Rowney will continue to manage those risks, review policies and processes and monitor its progress to ensure no slavery and human trafficking is present within our operations and supply chain.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(i} of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the Modern Slavery statement for Daler Rowney.
CEO Daler-Rowney Ltd