FW Epoxy Resin and Hardener
Daler-Rowney FW Epoxy Resin is used in conjunction with Epoxy Hardener to create an optically clear, high gloss finish resin art. It has been optimised so that the high-loaded pigments used in FW inks will create bright and vibrant resin art. It has excellent UV resistance, clarity and transparency making the FW epoxy system particularly suitable for the protection and decoration of paintings, artwork, sculptures and many more.
- Create an optically clear, high gloss finish resin art.
- Can be used on many surfaces such as canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete & metal.
- Optimised so that the high-loaded pigments used in FW inks will create bright and vibrant resin art.
- Perfect for creating resin art, laminating or casting of load-bearing forms, sculptures and statues and can be applied by pouring or by brush/roller.
Ideal use as a tabletop/coating resin.
Daler-Rowney FW Epoxy Resin and Hardener is ideal to use with FW Acrylic Inks and has a max depth of 5mm. Dries with a smooth even coloured film. Suitable for use on canvas, wood and other primed surfaces.
Preparation and Mixing.
Mix 1 part FW Epoxy Resin with 1 part FW Epoxy Hardener to finalise your 3D art with a shockproof, water-resistant and UV-protected glossy finish.
Due to its flexibility and strength, FW Epoxy is perfect for creating resin art, laminating or casting load-bearing forms, sculptures and statues. It can be applied by pouring or brush/roller curing at ambient temperature.
It can be used on many surfaces such as canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete & metal.
The resin self-levels to form a perfectly flat and gloss finish. Equally suitable for indoor and outdoor use once dry. To give plenty of working time to create amazing resin artworks, FW Epoxy is surface dry is touch dry in 6-8 hours at 22°C and will be fully cured in 5-7 days. Once cured, FW Epoxy Resin and Hardener provide a clear art coating resin that won’t shrink or distort over time.
Ideal to use with FW Acrylic Inks. Please be advised, that although our resins are U.V. stabilised, this does not mean they are U.V. proof. Ultimately our FW clear epoxy resin will show signs of U.V. degradation over time.
Daler-Rowney FW Epoxy Resin and Epoxy Hardener have a 1-year shelf life. The maximum weight in one pour is 2kg. The optimum working temperature is 22°C. The optimum working time is 25-30 minutes but it can vary slightly depending on the room temperature.
The resin should be poured within a few minutes of mixing. If it is not possible to apply this quickly, mix smaller quantities of epoxy at one time or decant into a flat container that allows a larger surface dissipation area to avoid heat build-up and accelerated curing of the resin.
Please note: this product might be yellowing over time, which is a natural phenomenon not affecting its performance.
To use FW Epoxy Resin safely we recommend the following measures:
- Wear nitrile gloves or use a specialist resin barrier cream at all times.
- Wear a breathing mask when using heat as a technique to create visual effects.
- Wear a breathing mask when sanding partially cured resin.
- Work in a well-ventilated room.
- Use of safety goggles.
- Avoid skin contact. If resin gets on the skin, wash with plenty of soap and water.
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working.
- In case of eye contamination, wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and consult medical advice immediately.