How to create colour throwing art with VIN + OMI?
- Always prepare your surfaces and test the colour application on a small section first. Cover the surrounding area with biodegradable dust sheets or other left-over materials from your recycling.
- Attach your canvas wedges for optimal stretch and make sure to fix them securely to the wall.
- Make sure that you have enough space and that your surrounding area is protected. Colour throwing definitely leaves a mark.
- TIP: If you applied art masking fluid, you can remove this carefully after the paint has dried. You can uncover the protected area if the paint layers are not applied too thickly. We created a branded VIN + OMI x Daler-Rowney wall.
- We prepared acrylic water colour bombs simply by mixing System3 Acrylic Ink with water in a plastic bottle from our recycling. Create the colour mixture to your liking and attach the water balloon to the bottleneck. Squeeze the bottle until the balloon is nearly full and make a knot. Repeat as often as you have the patience before going for the big splash.
- Repeat the same procedure with your water gun or super soaker. Premix the ink and water to your preferred ratio and fill the container.
- In addition, we filled glass jars with diluted System3 Acrylic to create texture and colour highlights.
System3 Acrylic Ink
Daler-Rowney System3 Acrylic Inks are multi-surface, pigment-based opaque inks, ideal for mixed media and multi-technique applications. The System3 Acrylic Inks are water-based, water-resistant when dry and can be used inside as well as outdoor.VIEW PRODUCT
FW Acrylic Ink
Daler-Rowney FW Acrylic Inks are acrylic based, pigmented, water-resistant artists' inks with a high degree of lightfastness and intermixability. FW Acrylic Ink can be used straight out of the dropper, or diluted to achieve the most subtle of tones.VIEW PRODUCT
FW Pearlescent Ink
Daler-Rowney FW Pearlescent Inks can be used to add shimmer and shine to decorative arts such as greeting cards, seasonal decorations, mounts and frames. They are perfect for creating dazzling effects on various surfaces.VIEW PRODUCT
Aquafine Watercolour Ink
Daler-Rowney Aquafine Watercolour Inks are higly saturated, pigment-based inks that are perfect for a wide range of uses and techniques. The Aquafine Inks can be applied directly using the included dropper or use brushes, paint markers, technical pens or airbrushes.VIEW PRODUCT