Junior Application Analyst Job Spec
Daler-Rowney is a global manufacturing and distribution company, with multiple manufacturing and distribution sites in the UK and a site located in the Dominican Republic. The business is a market leader in the field of fine art materials and is part of an International Group within the same market. The company is growing both organically and through acquisition.
The role of the Junior Application Analyst is key in making bridges between business needs and IT systems. The individual in this role has the opportunity to directly impact business processes, gain efficiencies, reduce costs, and overall make a positive impact.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a small local team, working on projects that will provide them with great exposure to many different business streams and the opportunity to develop and grow at a fast pace. In 2022 Daler-Rowney are implementing SAP as their core line of business system, migrating from the current ERP system: IFS Applications 8.
- Troubleshoot and support day to day user and process issues within the ERP system as and when they arise both in the UK and Dominican Republic.
- Perform day to day administrative tasks on the ERP system (user management and basic data setup).
- Understand the master data used in the ERP system and help maintain data accuracy.
- Map out processes, document them (and maintain documentation) and prepare training material.
- Assist the Lead Application Analyst in understanding the business / process needs of the various departments and translate those requirements using the group IT systems (IFS and SAP when it arrives).
- Work with the BI Analyst to collect and analyse data, and develop solutions to drive operational improvements.
- A Key member of the SAP Implementation team.
- A good understanding of business processes and ability to translate them into IT systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to colleagues across the business.
- A strong interest in business and business development via software improvement integration.
- The ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- A solid analytical approach with a good attention to detail.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an IT team including end user support.
- Experience of working with an ERP system and a good knowledge of business processes and ERP system terminology.
- Any implementation /migration projects experience would be desirable.
- SAP experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to drive a car and travel.
How To Apply
To apply for the above job, please email email@example.com, stating the job role in the Subject line.
When applying for this role, please advise us of your location and salary expectations.